Draw Distance has announced that Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York is heading to the PC and Nintendo Switch this December, and that’s not all – the studio is currently in talks to bring the game to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, too.
The news comes following Paradox’s announcement that the Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 release has been delayed from its original Q1 2020 window.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York PS4 Release Planned
Here’s the Tweet from Draw Distance:
Vampire: the Masquerade – Coteries of New York will launch December 4th 2019 on PC!
The Nintendo Switch version of the game will be released in Q1 2020 and we are talking with @PdxInteractive about PS4 and Xbox One versions
Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York is set in the World of Darkness and based on White Wolf Publishing’s tabletop RPG. Players follow one of three fledgling vampires, each one from a different clan, who have access to various vampiric abilities and can interact with members of the coteries in different ways.
Set in New York, the game plays out as a text-based adventure game, where player choice is key to progression. Your choices will determine how the narrative splits, which different endings available depending on what dialogue options you pick. The main quest is complemented by side quests and loyalty quests, the latter allowing you to form bonds with the characters in your party.
Here’s some more details:
Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York presents the conflict between two vampiric factions: the traditionalist Camarilla and the fiercely independent Anarchs among the iconic landmarks and night lights of The Big Apple. It’s a unique, atmospheric, single-player narrative experience, set in a rich, fully licensed, globally recognized universe of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.
- Choose your character from one of several distinct Clans
- Every playable character offers unique powers (Disciplines), different ethical approaches to certain issues, and dialogue lines
- Character-oriented quests allow you to create your own coterie and shape your relations by reinforcing NPC loyalties
- Highly replayable – choices made in the game are reflected by the game’s changing fiction
- Different variants of the ending, depending on player’s choices and a grand finale that will leave players surprised and eager to see more.
- Suitable for both Vampire: The Masquerade veterans, and fans of mature narrative-driven games who are newcomers to the setting