While we already know that Destiny 2 on PS5 has a 120 FPS mode, it turns out that the game sticks to that frame rate very closely. That’s according to VGTech, who have produced a video showing Destiny 2 running on PlayStation 5 with the 120 FPS mode enabled.
- Available only in the Crucible mode, Destiny 2 on PS5 can hit 120 FPS at a locked 1440p resolution
- To achieve this however, there is a reduction in texture detail, LOD and other complex visual effects
- Elsewhere, Destiny 2 on PS5 runs at 60 FPS and at dynamic 4K resolution in campaign mode with improved texture details, FOV and more
- Destiny 2’s 120 FPS mode is only available to players using a HDMI 2.1 compatible display
- For further reading, you can see all the PS5 games that support 120 FPS in our useful guide
You can catch the video below.
Source: [VGTech via Twisted Voxel]