It's one thing recruiting Friends For Hire that are actually NPCs, and it's another getting a Friend For Hire. In Far Cry 5 co-op, you can do just that, but there's some things you need to know.
First up, if you're playing any multiplayer game on PS4 or Xbox One you're going to need a subscription. So, you'll have to be either a PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live member to play Far Cry 5 online.
Far Cry 5 Co-Op Guide
We’ve been thinking hard about the questions that players may want to know the answers too. So here’s 15 things that you might like to know about Far Cry 5 co-op.
- You can only play two-player co-op.
- If you're joining a game you'll earn Player Progression that will cross over to your own game. This includes XP, currency and items.
- You can play story missions in co-op, however, you will not earn progress. This will only be saved for the host.
- Far Cry 5 co-op doesn't support cross-play, so you can only invite one person from your platform.
- You invite players through your friend's list in the main menu. The game doesn't support matchmaking, so you can only invite friends.
- You will be able to communicate via in-game chat.
- Far Cry co-op is drop-in and drop-out. That means if you've got co-op play enabled, a player on your friend's list can drop-in at any time. You can disable co-op in the menu.
- If you're a Friend for Hire your Quest related unlocks, Resistance Meter Progress and World Progression are not saved once you return to your own game.
- You can't join a game if that player is in the middle of a cut-scene, or if that player is in the middle of a mission.
- The difficulty level of enemies does not change in multiplayer.
- If you're the invited player, you can interact with quest-giving NPCS. That can only be done by the host.
- Only the host can hire ‘Guns For Hire' during co-op play.
- Want to add a bit of spice to co-op? Turn on friendly fire.
- You can heal your teammate and give them ammo.
- You need to stay fairly close together. If you move too far away, the ‘Friend For Hire' will spawn near to the host.
Alongside this Far Cry 5 co-op guide, we have many other tips to help you out in Hope County. So, check out our review, and the following tips.