There’s a number of reasons why you may need to know how to deactivate your primary PS4 account. Firstly, if you want to flog your system, you’ll want to ensure that it’s no longer your main account. On the other hand, you may have upgraded to a new system (PS4 Slim to PS4 Pro, for example) or it needs to be serviced by Sony.
If you fall into any of the above categories, then we’ve got you covered.
How To Deactivate Your Primary PS4 Account
Firstly, this method is for those of you who have access to your activated PS4.
- Go to Settings
- Choose Account Management > Activate as Your Primary PS4
- Select Deactivate
If on the other hand you don’t currently have access to your PS4, then observe the followings steps:
- Sign into your PlayStation Network using a web browser
- Select Device Management in the lower left column
- Head to PlayStation Systems from the right-hand menu
- Select Deactivate All Systems
- You will then need verify your decision, so select ‘Yes’ or ‘No.
Related PS4 How To Content
- How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To PS4
- Unable To Connect To PlayStation Network?
- PS4 Factory Reset Guide: How To Restore Original Settings
- Is PlayStation Vue Shutting Down And How To Cancel It
- How To Appear Offline On PS4
- How to Game Share and Share Play on PS4 and PS4 Pro
- How To Use A Keyboard And Mouse On PS4, And Which Games Are Compatible
- How To Sync PS4 Controller
- How to Connect PS4 Controller to iPhone
- How to Connect Discord On PS4 For Chat
- How To Fix PS4 Pro Flashing Black Screen
- How to fix your PS4 controller syncing issues
- PSN Error WC-40382-7: How To Fix Card Issues On PlayStation Store
- PlayStation VR – How To Fix Blurry Vision
- How To Fix PS4 Disc Issues and Errors
- PS4 Troubleshooting: How To Fix Auto-Eject Loop
- How To Fix PS4 ‘Game Saved Data Cannot Upload’ Error