Brendan Greene, the creative director of PUBG has debuted an entirely new game called ‘Prologue’ that takes place outside of his traditional stomping grounds of the Battle Royale genre and which offers new and unique experiences each time they play.
Sadly, we don’t have too much to go on (even the debut teaser that was shown at the 2019 Game Awards hardly gave anything away and there has been no confirmation of a PS4 release, but that seems like an inevitability anyway), but an entirely new game from the developer which essentially created the most popular genre on the planet? Yeah. We’re interested.
You can catch the full press release and teaser for Prologue below:
PLAYERUNKNOWN ANNOUNCES NEW GAME, PROLOGUE
Pioneer of the Battle Royale Genre Announces his Latest Title at The Game Awards 2019
AMSTERDAM – DECEMBER 13, 2019 – PLAYERUNKNOWN PRODUCTIONS, a new studio from PUBG Corporation, today announced prologue, an original IP developed by Brendan Greene and a team of game developers and researchers based in Amsterdam, NL. The teaser for prologue, which was just unveiled at The Game Awards 2019, can be viewed here.
Prior to leading PLAYERUNKNOWN PRODUCTIONS, Greene helped create the massively popular Battle Royale genre and served as the Creative Director for PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG).
“Our studio was founded with the goal of exploring, experimenting, and creating new technologies and gameplay experiences,” said Brendan Greene. “With prologue, we are taking our first steps toward building new technologies and interactions that will help develop my ideas into reality.”
“I have been given a once in a lifetime chance to deliver something new on a global stage. Being given a platform to build a brand-new experience outside of the Battle Royale genre is an amazing gift, and one I don’t want to squander,” added Greene. “prologue is an exploration into new technologies and gameplay. Our aim with this game is to give players unique and memorable experiences, each and every time they play.”
Source: Press Release
Other The Game Awards 2019 News, Announcements
- Maneater PS4 version confirmed
- New Final Fantasy VII Remake Trailer
- The Joker coming to Mortal Kombat 11 next month
- Control Expeditions DLC out now
- Godfall PS5 annnounced
- Ruined King: A League of Legends Story revealed
- Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack details confirmed
- Dungeons and Dragons: Dark Alliance announced
- Weird West revealed
- Magic Legends coming to PS4
- New Ghost of Tsushima trailer unleashed
- Naraka: Bladepoint announced for 2020 release
- The Wolf Among Us 2 re-emerges with a new teaser trailer
- Convirgence: A League of Legends Story unveiled
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice wins Game of the Year 2019