When Is Rust coming to PS4? Facepunch Studios‘ (that’s a super epic name for a dev, by the way quite frankly) PC multiplayer survival title is pretty massive time sink right now, and has been since the game initially rolled out via Early Access back in 2013. Needless to say, some gamers have been anticipating a Rust PS4 release for some time, especially as it’s been over a year since the full game launched in February 2018.
Rust would certainly be an obvious choice for the PS4, despite the fact the console already in its seventh year on the market. The game runs on the Unity engine, something which is already fully compatible with the current crop of hardware, so porting Rust presumably wouldn’t be too much of a task.
In fact, Facepunch at one point said that it was looking to bring the popular title to PS4 and Xbox One, although this was some time ago. Nonetheless, here’s what Facepunch’s Garry Newman said at the time:
“So with Rust, we are planning to port it to consoles. We haven’t started that process yet. We’re not planning anything until we’ve tried to get it running on one of the consoles and know what problems we’re going to face. It’s important to emphasize here that we’re porting TO consoles. We’re not making a dumbed down console version and then porting it back to the PC. So might happen, might not. Depends on a bunch of stuff. Either way neither the PS4 or Xbox One have any kind of early access program as far as I know, so it will be a while away.”
Back in June 2018, a post on Reddit seemed to confirm that a console version was still in the pipeline, although nothing official was confirmed. Furthermore, evidence has suggested that Double 11 is indeed working on the PS4 and Xbox One versions.
Right now it seems that Facepunch is entirely focussing on the PC version on the game, which according to fans, is still in a bit of a state right now. A quick butcher’s at the roadmap reveals that there’s no mention of a Rust PS4 release or even a PS5 release. Again, if things change, we’ll be sure to update this article with the latest info.
What Is Rust?
Originally conceived as a DayZ clone, Rust is an action-adventure game with a heavy emphasis on survival. Players are placed out in the wilderness and must fend for themselves, managing factors such as thirst, hunger, and health. Supplies can be obtained or stolen to give you a fighting chance, and there’s also the perennial threat of bears, wolves, and there hostile wildlife to contend with, while combat features firearms and primitive melee weapons.
Crafting is also a major component in Rust, and players can increase their chances of survival by constructing bases and joining clans. Locations are largely procedurally generated, although there’s a pre-built map available in the shape of Hapis Island. Raiding is an integral part of the game too, coughing up valuable opportunities to loot essential supplies.
Rust was released in Early Access back in 2013 and left the program in February last year. The game is currently available on PC and MacOS, and has sold over five million copies worldwide.
Related PS4 Games
- Is Ring of Elysium Coming To PS4?
- Is War of Rights Coming To PS4?
- Is Two Point Hospital Coming To PS4?
- Is Planet Zoo Coming To PS4?
- Is Vigor Coming To PS4?
- Is Roblox Coming To PS4?
- Is Hide Or Die Coming To PS4?
- Is Mordhau Coming To PS4?
- Is Blair Witch Coming To PS4?
- Is Outer Wilds Coming To PS4?
- Is Wasteland 3 Coming To PS4?
- Is Void Bastards Coming To PS4?
- Is Counter-Strike Global Offensive Coming To PS4?
- Is Battalion 1944 Coming To PS4?
- Is Pagan Online Coming To PS4?
- Is Return of the Obra Dinn Coming To PS4?
- Is Slay The Spire Coming To PS4?
- Is Totally Accurate Battle Simulator Coming To PS4?
- Is Risk Of Rain 2 Coming To PS4?
- Is Planetside Arena Coming To PS4?
- Is Spellbreak Coming To PS4?
- Is Sunset Overdrive Coming To PS4?
- Is SCUM Coming To PS4?
- Is World War 3 Coming To PS4?
- Is iRacing Coming To PS4?
- Is The Cycle Coming To PS4?
- Is Atlas Coming To PS4?
- Is Mario Kart PS4 Happening?