PlayStation Studios Games – Every Confirmed And Rumored PS5 Title In April 2021. Now that Sony has rebranded its first-party developer portfolio to PlayStation Studios and brought in third-party developers to help bolster it, Sony is set to have a long list of titles under the PlayStation Studios brand, which can make tracking each title hard. Therefore, we have collected every confirmed and rumoured PlayStation Studios PS5 title and put them in this handy article.
PlayStation Studios Games – Every Confirmed And Rumored PS5 Title In April 2021
On this page:
- Guerrilla Games – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Guerrilla Games – Rumored PS5 Titles
- Insomniac Games – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Insomniac Games – Rumored PS5 Titles
- Naughty Dog – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Naughty Dog – Rumored PS5 Titles
- Pixelopus – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Pixelopus – Rumored PS5 Titles
- Polyphony Digital – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Polyphony Digital – Rumored PS5 Titles
- SIE Sony Bend – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- SIE Sony Bend – Rumored PS5 Titles
- SIE Sony Japan Studio – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- SIE Sony Japan Studio – Rumored PS5 Titles
- SIE Sony London Studio – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- SIE Sony London Studio – Rumored PS5 Titles
- SIE Sony San Diego – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- SIE Sony San Diego – Rumored PS5 Titles
- SIE Sony San Diego Visual Arts – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- SIE Sony San Diego Visual Arts – Rumored PS5 Titles
- SIE Sony Santa Monica – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- SIE Sony Santa Monica – Rumored PS5 Titles
- Sucker Punch Productions – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Sucker Punch Productions – Rumored PS5 Titles
Guerrilla Games – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Horizon Forbidden West – With Horizon Zero Dawn sequel Horizon Forbidden West now confirmed for a PS5 release sometime in 2021, PlayStation Studios marquee developer Guerrilla Games looks set to debut with a bang on Sony’s next-generation console. Horizon Forbidden West is also set to release on PS4 as well.
Guerrilla Games – Rumored PS5 Titles
- Horizon 3 – Following on from the 2021 release of Horizon Forbidden West, reports have claimed that both Sony and Guerrilla Games are looking to make a trilogy out of the Horizon IP. As such, you should probably expect to hear something regarding Horizon 3 sometime after the release of Horizon Forbidden West – likely sometime in 2022.
- Killzone – In addition to the development of the Horizon franchise, Guerrilla Games have also been hard at work on another IP and have been staffing heavily in order to support its development. Cribbing designers who have worked both on Rainbow Six: Siege and Killzone 2, one such hire, Simon Larouche, has recently been elevated to the position of Game Director at Guerrilla Games. As such, don’t be surprised to hear very soon that a new Killzone title is in development because the studio pedigree is certainly there now in order to make that happen.
- SOCOM – For the longest time a return to prominence for Sony’s tactical shooter series SOCOM has been craved for by fans and speculation has been rumored to be in development at Killzone developer Guerrilla Games.
Insomniac Games – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales – Set to launch alongside the PS5 in November 2020, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales is a semi-sequel to the studio’s best-selling 2018 entry Marvel’s Spider-Man and focuses on the titular web-slinger, Miles Morales. In addition to leveraging all manner of next-generation features such as instant loading, ray tracing and a 4K/60 fps display mode, Miles Morales is also not regarded as a core entry in the series as developer Insomniac Games has said that the game will be a shorter, standalone continuation of the story established in the 2018 PS4 exclusive title.
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – A stunning display of the PS5’s lightning quick integration of its SSD to the rest of the silicon, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart looks every bit the prototypical next-generation launch title, as our trusty duo can now enter portals which at a moment’s notice whisk them off to a completely different world (think Doctor Strange and you wouldn’t be too far off). No release date has been provided as yet for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.
Insomniac Games – Rumored PS5 Titles
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 – With Marvel’s Spider-Man proving to be one of the best selling PS4 titles of all-time and Miles Morales being revealed as being a standalone story that uses much of the same setting as the 2018 title, it’s would seem like a lock to us that a fully-fleshed out Spider-Man sequel isn’t far behind. After all, the ending of the first game leaved more than a few massive story strands for Peter Parker to follow up on, whereas Miles Morales would appear to be more of a stopgap entry in the series than anything.
- Sunset Overdrive – Part and parcel with Sony’s purchase of Insomniac Games were the rights to previous Xbox and PC exclusive IP Sunset Overdrive. A raucous and visually vibrant third-person shooter with style to spare, gamers have long clamoured for either a remaster of the first title, or even an all-new title in the franchise. At the time of Insomniac’s purchase, then PlayStation head-honcho Shawn Layden said that Sony’s priorities with Insomniac Games lay elsewhere. However, in the intervening years and as we push into the next console generation, we wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Sunset Overdrive re-emerge in its new PlayStation digs.
Naughty Dog – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Naughty Dog has yet to confirm its first title for PS5.
- The Last of Us Part 2 Factions – The developer has however confirmed that it is working on the competitive online multiplayer Factions expansion for The Last of Us Part 2. Like the base game, Factions is also tipped to be playable on PS5, too.
Naughty Dog – Rumored PS5 Titles
- The Last of Us Part 3 – The Last of Us Part 2 was truly a watershed moment for the PS4 and there are ample unresolved plot strings that could be pulled upon to will a third game into existence. As yet, Naughty Dog has said that it remains undecided about what title it’s going to develop next, but we’d be surprised/mortified to not see a new entry in The Last of Us IP emerge on PS5. Whatever it is, it’ll very likely be a single-player focused action adventure.
- The Last Of Us Remake – Ahead of HBO’s The Last of Us TV show which is due to air sometime late in 2022, Naughty Dog is reportedly hard at work on a remake of The Last of Us which would bring it more in line with the systems and visuals seen in The Last of Us Part 2.
Pixelopus – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Pixelopus has yet to officially announce its next project.
Pixelopus – Rumored PS5 Titles
- New IP? – While the Concrete Genie developer has yet to announce its next title, the studio has been on the hunt for some new talent to join its ranks in order to work on what they describe as a “new and exciting PlayStation 5 adventure”. Beyond that though, details are practically non-existent.
Polyphony Digital – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Gran Turismo 7 – For the longest time Polyphony Digital’s substantial talents have been directed towards the racing genre and for PS5 that doesn’t look to change anytime soon. In development for a number of years, Gran Turismo 7 is largely thought to be the only title in development for Polyphony Digital whose Gran Turismo series has been a PlayStation hallmark since the very first generation of PlayStation. No release date for Gran Turismo 7 has been given as yet, but we’d expect the title to launch no later than 2021 given how far along the game appears to currently be.
Polyphony Digital – Rumored PS5 Titles
- Thus far, the largely racing game focused Polyphony Digital has only been seen to work Gran Turismo 7 with no other titles or IP seemingly in the works.
SIE Sony Bend – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Sony Bend has yet to officially announce its next project.
SIE Sony Bend – Rumored PS5 Titles
- Days Gone 2 – A top selling PS4 exclusive that left gamers with a stinger of a cliff-hanger ending, it always seemed like a sure thing that Sony Bend would announce that a sequel to Days Gone would be in the works. Since late 2018 and through into early 2020, developer Sony Bend has been staffing up for their next game and while any sort of confirmation is not forthcoming as yet, all signs point towards a continuation of the Days Gone IP. However, a new report now suggests that Days Gone 2 has been canned by Sony after it was revealed that Sony Bend are now working on an entirely new title instead.
- Syphon Filter – Definitely one for the wishing well, while a new Days Gone seems super likely considering its commercial success, it would seem that Sony Bend hasn’t totally given up on the idea of a Syphon Filter revival on PS5.
SIE Sony Japan Studio – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Astro’s Playroom – Working in tandem with ASOBI Team, Sony Japan Studio has created something of a showcase for the DualSense controller in Astro’s Playroom, a free bite-sized platformer that comes pre-installed with every PS5.
- Demon’s Souls – Arguably the most attractive title in the PS5 launch line-up, Sony Japan Studio has worked with remaster maestros Bluepoint Games to thoroughly remake Demon’s Souls to take full advantage of the cutting edge technology afforded by Sony’s next-generation PlayStation console.
SIE Sony Japan Studio – Rumored PS5 Titles
- Silent Hill – Regarded by many as one of the worst kept secrets in the industry by this point (the worst of course being EA’s Mass Effect trilogy remaster), Sony Japan Studio is said to be developing a new Silent Hill title in conjunction with IP rights holder Konami. Latest rumors point to the game having been in development for up two years with a late 2021/2022 release looking likely. To say that we’re all overdue a new Silent Hill title, especially after the chronic misfiring of the otherwise hugely promising P.T/Silent Hills, would be something of an understatement.
- RaySpace – A somewhat mysterious trademark for a title called ‘RaySpace’ was registered by Sony Japan Studio back in 2017, with many folks assuming that it might be a continuation or even a reboot of the relatively obscure Ray trilogy of arcade shooters which released in the early to late 1990s. As it is, the trademark remains active, so there’s every chance that we’ll hear something about it soon. Maybe.
SIE Sony London Studio – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Sony London Studio has yet to officially announce its next project.
SIE Sony London Studio – Rumored PS5 Titles
- Blood & Truth PSVR Sequel – With a spate of job adverts looking for engineers to work in the VR space and given how PSVR effort Blood & Truth concluded, some sort of sequel or continuation to Sony London Studio’s capital city crime saga looks very likely indeed. You should probably expect this title to be an early flag-bearer for the next generation of PlayStation VR as well.
SIE Sony San Diego – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- MLB The Show 21 – As regular as clockwork, Sony San Diego dutifully puts out a new MLB The Show title each year. Changing things up a little, MLB The Show 21 is set to be the studio’s first venture onto other platforms, as the developer has confirmed that it intends MLB The Show 21 to support cross-play across multiple platforms. We now know that this includes cross-play and cross-progression across PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S platforms.
SIE Sony San Diego – Rumored PS5 Titles
- SOCOM – Sony San Diego is rumored to be supporting Guerilla Games on its SOCOM reboot, but other than this, no other titles appear to be in the wings for the studio.
SIE Sony San Diego Visual Arts – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Sony San Diego Visual Arts has yet to announce its first PS5 title.
SIE Sony San Diego Visual Arts – Rumored PS5 Titles
- New IP? – Sony San Diego Visual Arts recently put out a job advert for a game developer to work on “high quality, 3rd person, Action/Adventure games”. Working alongside other PlayStation Studios teams such as Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games and more, there is every possibility that SIE Sony San Diego Visual Arts could be merely helping out the likes of Sony Santa Monica with God of War: Ragnarok, or, could it be knuckling down on a third-person title of its own? However, it now looks like that that this studio may now have been already closed down and absorbed into Naughty Dog to work on The Last of Us Remake.
SIE Sony Santa Monica – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- God of War: Ragnarok – Officially announced at the September 2020 PS5 showcase, God of War: Ragnarok looks to be a continuation of 2018’s God of War and a true marquee PlayStation exclusive for Sony’s new console in 2021. We cannot wait.
SIE Sony Santa Monica – Rumored PS5 Titles
- Up until recently, a new God of War was front and centre of the rumors regarding what Sony Santa Monica was going to do next. With its attentions seemingly fixed on God of War: Ragnarok then, we think it’ll be a while before anything leaks out regarding what comes after Kratos’ debut on PS5.
Sucker Punch Productions – Confirmed PS5 Titles
- Sucker Punch Productions has yet to officially announce its next project.
Sucker Punch Productions – Rumored PS5 Titles
- Ghost of Tsushima 2 – One of the best selling games of 2020, the idea that Sucker Punch Productions might be developing a sequel to Ghost of Tsushima, its open-world samurai title really shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise. There’s a lot of story to still tell in and around the islands of Japan should they so chose, while the ‘Ghost of’ IP could quite easily be repurposed into other countries and settings much as Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed franchise has been.
- InFamous – The subject of a recent site domain renewal, it’s entirely possible that Sucker Punch Productions could return to its InFamous franchise after InFamous: Second Son released on the PS4 back in 2014, followed by standalone spin-off InFamous: First Light just a few months later. Though personally we think that a continuation of Ghost of Tsushima seems more likely.